SENIOR PROGRAMME OFFICER (FOREST & COASTAL PROGRAMME)
Duty Station: Kuala Selangor, Selangor
To lead implementation of GEC projects on the community-based management of peatland ecosystem in Selangor and Peninsular Malaysia including peatland conservation, rehabilitation, hydrology management, fire prevention and control, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and others are relevant including:
• Implementation of ongoing projects on community-based management of peatland ecosystem
• Development of new projects and activities in partnership with local government, community and private sector as well as with other NGO.
• Manage and guide a team of project programme officers, as well as support capacity building, knowledge sharing and resource management to ensure project team is equipped to support GEC’s current and future programme/ initiatives.
• Support measures to empower and enhance livelihood of targeted local communities.
• Development of strategic project implementation plan and support the sustainability of existing community programme
• Developing linkages and support for collaboration among key stakeholders in the Selangor State and Peninsular Malaysia.
• Development and implementation of awareness and education programme for school students, local community and other stakeholders.
• Representing GEC at local and national meetings/ conferences/seminars.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- A degree either in biology, environmental, social science or natural resource management.
- Minimum 3-6 years of relevant working experience involving community development or natural resource management.
- Strong people management and leadership skills, with proven ability to mentor and motive others
- Prepared to work in field conditions and adaptive to odd working hours
- Pleasant personality, good PR capabilities
- Fluent in Malay and English.
- Possess good writing and communication skills.
Global Environment Centre
2nd Floor, Wisma Hing
No.78, Jalan SS2/72
47300 Selangor, MALAYSIA
Phone 03 7957 2007, Fax 03 7957 7003